Unknown discs

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 21 14:06:47 UTC 2010

On Saturday 20 March 2010 14:54:01 Leo Franchi wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 10:09 AM, Anne Wilson
>
> <cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Inspired by Jeff's request for info, my problem is similar but not the
> > same, hence the separate thread.  I have a number of disc albums ripped
> > from vinyl. They all end up in Unknown discs.  Currently I have six
> > Track 01s!
> >
> > They are all being read from carefully sorted folders, an example
> > location being
> > /mnt/myserver_Data1/mp3/juanilla_de_alba/spanish_classical_guitar/01_roma
> > nce.mp3
> >
> > Would it be possible to have a final-level scan, i.e. where no other
> > information is available to the indexer could it look for information in
> > the location?  Even a bad guess such as getting title and artist the
> > wrong way around would be more helpful and easier to correct.
>
> Right click on the files, choose Edit Information, and Guess Tags from
> Filename :)

Maybe I'm not understanding the interface, but it doesn't seem to help any.  I
just tried on the first track.  It correctly guessed the trackname in the
resulting display, with all the artist, genre etc fields showing <empty>.  I
hit OK in the hope that the trackname at least would replace the Track01
label, but it didn't.  Nothing looks any different.  It looks as though I'll
have to  sort out the tracks that belong together then manually edit them.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group