Album covers

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 01:00:42 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 6:19 AM, Mark Fraser <kde at mfraz.orangehome.co.uk> wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 Mar 2010 04:37:21 Valorie Zimmerman wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 7:34 AM, Mark Fraser <kde at mfraz.orangehome.co.uk>
> wrote:
>> > I've seem to have got in quite a mess trying to sort out my collection of
>> > album covers in Amarok 2.2.2 to the point that the cover will appear in
>> > the play list until it starts playing when it will vanish.
>> >
>> > How can I get back to a working system, do I just need to delete the
>> > cache folder?
>>
>> Hey Mark, I was having lots of problems with album covers in 2.2.2
>> also. One thing that helped was installing the script CopyCover2,
>> which saves a copy of the found album cover to the album folder in
>> your collection.
>
> I've installed CopyCover2 which works apart from it insisting on thinking all
> images are jpegs and putting the jpg extension on even if they're pngs.

I suggest talking to the script writer about this problem.

http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php/CopyCover2?content=113293

It appears that the problem is known, but a look at the conversation
there doesn't clarify whether or not a solution is forthcoming.

>> I can give you the good news that 2.3 will have improved album cover
>> handling. I now run Amarok fresh from git (source), and more and more
>> correct covers are showing up. The search function is improving too,
>> although there is still not perfection.
>
> I've looked at using the Kubuntu beta PPA, but not sure about all the stuff it
> wants to install.

Now that I run from git, I have all the devel and dbg packages too, so
I can't sympathize much! :-)

The upgrade is worth it, I think.

All the best,

Valorie
--
New! http://genealogy-uki.linkpendium.com/
Facebook, Twitter, Identi.ca, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez .