Amarok wouldn't start up - solved

Donn Washburn n5xwb at comcast.net
Fri Jun 4 03:59:04 UTC 2010

On 06/03/2010 10:36 PM, Valorie Zimmerman wrote:
> After updating KDE the other day, Amarok would no longer start. It
> would get to the splashscreen stage, and then into a seemingly endless
> loop. So I rebuilt from GIT, a clean build. Still no go.
>
> With help from muesli and stuffcorpse in IRC, the problem is solved --
> move/remove ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok/current.xspf
>
> I had been testing dynamic playlists in order to close a bug, which
> seems to be the salient fact, not the KDE updates!
>
> Stuffcorpse said he'd reply to this with his steps to reproducing the problem.
>
> Valorie

Same thing here (openSuSE 11.3 M7) it now comes up with a short boot
splash image then up comes that KDE4 Bug reporter which says "There is
not enough information to be helpful" and then
it reuses to send anything.  It request to install Debug files which do
not work with 2.3.1 and or a tonight git version.

--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street     Email:" n5xwb at comcast.net "