amarok 2.3.0 hangs on exit

Dale Miracle dmiracle74 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 01:11:51 UTC 2010

On 07/17/2010 08:07 AM, Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
> Hi Dale
>
> On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 13:43, Dale Miracle<dmiracle74 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> I am using the 64bit version of Ubuntu (Lucid) running Gnome.  I
>> installed Amarok 2.3.0 via the software center this morning.  I like it
>> so far.  The only problem I have found is that it hangs when I try to
>> exit.  After I exit the tray icon doesn't respond to any mouse clicks.
>> When I kill the pid it goes away and I can load Amarok again.
>>
>> I thought I might have a bad install so I uninstalled it completely and
>> reinstalled it.  That didn't solve the problem though.
>>
>> I tried searching for this problem and found a couple mentions. Most of
>> them were several years old.  The most recent was dated march 12th 2009
>> in the amarok kde archive.  The title was Ipod file transfer support
>> arrives.  There was a mention at the bottom of a 'hang on exit' bug.
>>
>> Is this my problem or is it something else?
>>
> It might have been a problem of that version. You can upgrade to
> Amarok 2.3.1 by following the instructions on this website:
> http://kubuntu.org/news/amarok-2.3.1
>
> I hope that helps.
>

> Regards, Myriam.

Thank you very much!  I added it to my software center and updated it.
I tried it a couple times and it exits fine now.  I also notice that it
loads quicker.

I saw that kbuntu archive in my searching but I didn't know if it was
compatible.  I've noticed some distinction between debian and ubuntu
packages in some cases.

I have been using linux since '94 off an on.  I haven't tried it since
'04.  I am very pleased with the progress that has been made.

Take Care,
Dale