amarok 2.3.0 hangs on exit

Dale Miracle dmiracle74 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 11:43:33 UTC 2010

I am using the 64bit version of Ubuntu (Lucid) running Gnome.  I
installed Amarok 2.3.0 via the software center this morning.  I like it
so far.  The only problem I have found is that it hangs when I try to
exit.  After I exit the tray icon doesn't respond to any mouse clicks.
When I kill the pid it goes away and I can load Amarok again.

I thought I might have a bad install so I uninstalled it completely and
reinstalled it.  That didn't solve the problem though.

I tried searching for this problem and found a couple mentions. Most of
them were several years old.  The most recent was dated march 12th 2009
in the amarok kde archive.  The title was Ipod file transfer support
arrives.  There was a mention at the bottom of a 'hang on exit' bug.

Is this my problem or is it something else?

Thanks,
Dale