Amarok 2.2.2 system configuration / and does not find collection backend ("SOLVED")

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Fri Jan 15 16:10:23 UTC 2010

Am Freitag 15 Januar 2010 schrieb Mark Kretschmann:
> On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 12:36 PM, Martin Steigerwald
>
> <Martin at lichtvoll.de> wrote:
> >>
> >> Well, right. Because the plugin versions changed. Running a
> >>  kbuildsycoca with the old plugin versions installed isn't going to
> >>  update the cache with the new plugin version information...

> >> I'm not sure when it's supposed to kick off manually or not. I do
> >> believe it's run on login, so a logout/in should probably have fixed
> >>  it.
> >>
> >> I know on Gentoo at least they tried for a while to run
> >> kbuildsycoca4 after ebuild installation, but I guess it requires a
> >> running X server for some reason so they aborted that. (Maybe *that*
> >> would be something good to ask about in an upstream bug report.)
> >
> > Hmmm, I am not so sure it does. At least it runs via SSH from my T42
> > to my T23 without DISPLAY=:0.
> >
> > So it would be a good idea if the package post-install runs
> > kbuildsycoca4 --noincremental? But how to reliably detect for which
> > users? Well if its run after a login it would need to run it for each
> > logged in KDE user.
>
> Normally, this happens automatically. Not sure what went wrong there
> on your system.

Ok, thanks for information. I probably could reproduce it as long as
rdiff-backup carries Amarok 2.2.1 files, but as long as it just happened
for one user and one machine its probably not worth the effort. Tell me
whether you would be interested in that.

Otherwise let's see how it goes with Amarok 2.2.3 then. ;-)

Amarok 2.2.2 is working fine so far. Thanks for the update ;).