openSuSE and Amarok

Peter C. Ndikuwera pndiku at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 09:07:34 UTC 2010

Donn,

OpenSUSE, for legal reasons, ships without the ability to play MP3s (
http://en.opensuse.org/Restricted_formats), although the fluendo plugin
should be able to play them.

Easiest way to get your amarok up and running is to use the Packman
repository

http://en.opensuse.org/Additional_package_repositories#Packman

and install updated xine-lib (libxine1)

If not using the svn version, then you can install Packman's version of
Amarok.

Hope this is clear enough.

Peter

"Happiness makes up in height what it lacks in length"
-- Robert Frost