Lastnight svn and openSuSE's amarok

Donn Washburn n5xwb at comcast.net
Sat Feb 27 01:56:57 UTC 2010

  On 02/14/2010 03:41 PM, Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> On 02/14/2010 01:02 PM, Donn Washburn wrote:
>> On 02/14/2010 09:19 AM, Donn Washburn wrote:
>>> Hey Group;
>>>
>>> What would cause the Playlist to advance from song to song very rapid
>>> (like 2 seconds)after selecting a playlist of 877 mp3s.  This comes
>>> after reloading openSuSE (to fix a printer problem) Now Amarok on
>>> Milestone 1 fails to be stable.  However, so does the svn version after
>>> every depend was installed
>>>
>>> I first "Clear" the playlist and then reselect it with "Add Playlist"
>>> hit "OK" and wait.  It shows up on Amarok Playlist (right side) and
>>> starts rapid play.
>>> It stops on one artist plays that song and then rapid advances to that
>>> artist again.  It does n't stop anywhere else.  Could it be a screwed up
>>> mysql DB problem?
Hey Jeff;

I don't remember if I told you what was causing the 20 song only problem.
It was due to me having 20 ogg files and the rest were MP3s.  Turns out
SuSE has Amarok rigged to only show or play ogg and NO mp3s.  If it
shows a mp3 Amarok rapidly advances to the next file.

--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street     Email:" n5xwb at comcast.net "