New volume control feedback

Tim Bocek tim.bocek at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 05:56:57 UTC 2010

Seriously, don't any of you have to use the touchpads on your laptops? ;)

The new volume control in Amarok is incredibly difficult for me to use.  I
love the hell out of the idea and I'm sure mouseing over it and using the
scrollwheel is incredibly smooth (though that seems like it has its own
discoverability issues that I won't get into).  So I'm trying to be
constructive rather than destructive here.  The problem is more often than
not I'm not quite on the border of the control that controls the volume, so
I mute the song instead.  It's an incredibly small target to hit with a
mouse, much less a touchpad.  So, has anyone considered just making the
border wider and the mute portion smaller?  I know it might not look as good
but Fitt says it would be much more friendly to those of us without
scrollwheels.

Thanks for the otherwise great release, I am seriously glad to see dynamic
collections come back.