Lastnight svn and openSuSE's amarok

Donn Washburn n5xwb at comcast.net
Sun Feb 14 23:30:39 UTC 2010

On 02/14/2010, Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> I have not a clue what on earth these three paragraphs have to do with
> your earlier problem. Regardless -- no. It is not. Fix your environment,
> please.
>
> --Jeff

Thanks Jeff for putting up with some of my headaches.

I am not a programmer so I look for the missing #include and obvious
things when error show up during a compile.  I found in openSuSE 11.3
Milestone 1 the missing header files in subdirectories off of the
/usr/include directory.  So changing "#include <QWizard>" to "#include
<QtGui/QWizard>"  and rerunning "make" it was found.  ccmake did find
and show /usr/include/QtGui as a base directory.

I blew it with "svn" which should have been "git"

I took your earlier advise and installed ffmpeg with all of it
underlying programs, headers and libs.   openSuSE is known for leaving
out mp3 libs and programs are shipped broken - like amarok.  This git
version compiled a rather clean version of amarok, with a very few
"warning".  I installed it and it appears to be doing the same fast
advance problem until it gets to a particular artist then it plays as
normal until it ends then back to fast advance.

--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street     Email:" n5xwb at comcast.net "