Lastnight svn and openSuSE's amarok

Donn Washburn n5xwb at comcast.net
Sun Feb 14 18:02:14 UTC 2010

On 02/14/2010 09:19 AM, Donn Washburn wrote:
> Hey Group;
>
> What would cause the Playlist to advance from song to song very rapid
> (like 2 seconds)after selecting a playlist of 877 mp3s.  This comes
> after reloading openSuSE (to fix a printer problem) Now Amarok on
> Milestone 1 fails to be stable.  However, so does the svn version after
> every depend was installed
>
> I first "Clear" the playlist and then reselect it with "Add Playlist"
> hit "OK" and wait.  It shows up on Amarok Playlist (right side) and
> starts rapid play.
> It stops on one artist plays that song and then rapid advances to that
> artist again.  It does n't stop anywhere else.  Could it be a screwed up
> mysql DB problem?

It appears the reason is in many Amarok source files.  make is not
seeing the correct subdirectories that showup with "ccmake > "t""
Example the source file has <qtfile.h> and it is shown by ccmake as in
/usr/include/Qtapp.  Previously I have gone through the complete source
correcting this problem to get Amarok to compile cleanly and work.

This kind of hard coded problem in a file.h is not fixable by using
ccmake and altering the entry #include entry in a file.

I it possible to make the #include <file> and variable which could be
altered in a config file.

--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street     Email:" n5xwb at comcast.net "