Any right-to-left readers out there?

Casey Link unnamedrambler at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 18:11:07 UTC 2010

Disclaimer: I'm only speaking for Arabic speaking RTL readers. I'm
speaking from experience and for  a few Arab friends I polled before
writing this email.

Strictly speaking everything should be RTL. That is:
* Slider progresses RTL
* Next button on Left
* Prev button on Right

The problem is with the spread of CD players, MP3 players, and video
websites people are getting used to the LTR UI. Some would even prefer
it. So the answer is very subjective, depending on who you ask.

Though, all the people I asked agreed that in an Arabic UI elements
being arranged in RTL order is a better default. Those who prefer the
LTR interface can very likely already read English, so using the
english interface is an option for them. While those who cannot read
english, and therefore use the RTL interface expect things to be in an
RTL order.

Casey