When is Amarok 2 ever going to support tags properly?

Xamindar junkxamindar at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 12:27:43 UTC 2010

I have been waiting I think over two years and finally decided to ask
here. Ever sense I switched over to Amarok 2 from 1.4.whatever it was
some of my songs show up as "???????" in my playlist. I had already gone
through ALL my mp3 collection a few years ago on the old 1.4 version and
made them all consistent. But once I switched to amarok 2 some of them
are unknown and have "????" in most of the fields. I know nothing is
wrong with these tags as they still show correctly in other programs
such as easytag. All I can think of is that Amarok 2 doesn't know how to
handle Japanese characters properly. I attached two images that show the
problem. Hopefully this will get fixed as it has been a problem for a
very very long time.

If anyone has any suggestions I am open, and thanks for any help. I
really love this music player and would hate to have to stop over
something this important.