Massive Saved Playlist performance improvement! Testers wanted

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Mon Dec 27 11:39:22 UTC 2010

I'm looking for people with lot's of saved playlists that have
experienced performace issues to try out this git branch:
http://gitweb.kde.org/clones/amarok/shanachie/stecchinos-amarok.git

simplest instructions:
git clone git://anongit.kde.org/clones/amarok/shanachie/stecchinos-amarok
cd stecchinos-amarok
mkdir build
cd build
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugfull ../
make -j3 && sudo make install

Let me know if startup times improve and if the Saved Playlist section
feels faster.

I want to integrate this pre 2.4 release. So I want heavy testing.

Bart