Question as to meaning

Donn Washburn n5xwb at comcast.net
Fri Dec 3 16:51:52 UTC 2010

On 12/03/2010 08:27 AM, Kevin Funk wrote:
> Friday 03 December 2010, Donn Washburn<n5xwb at comcast.net>:
>> The very first line after starting amarok with "strace -o amarok.err
>> amarok" That is used to defeat a problem with openSuSE 11.3 or 4 and or
>> KDE4.5. Amarok is a recent GIT version
>>
>> amarok: Symbol `ocsData' has different size in shared object, consider
>> re-linking.
> Seriously, Donn,
>
> Why don't you use the packages provided by your distribution?
>
> Amarok from trunk can break from time to time. Please use the stable version
> if you cannot cope with such problems.
>
> Greets

Thanks for the reply!
I was in hopes that relinking something might help.  I am just unsure of
what "ocsData" is
Amarok is a great player of my files!  Which is a mix of mp3 and oggs

the distro only plays oggs without downloading a bunch of missing things
which cause mp3 not to work.  Besides I am on the Amarok email list and
find out added features are in newer git versions and openSuSE is behind
several times.  If openSuSE would make their version of amarok work I
might use it but it also crashes at it's bootsplash (or did).  I am
running a version 2.4 git which I downloaded and built.  It is an
openSuSE problem causing most of the problems 11.4  I agree it is a test
version but why does everything seem to not be checked before turning it
out.  Like Blender and Flightgear due to NV, gpm won't work, K3B
complains of mp3, NV.run and it used to be OpenOffice (now LibreOffice
which works).  Besides over the past 15 years I have always built
SVN/CVS/GIT software.  It is a way to guarantee that all dependencies
are met.

Oh Yes! I fixed "gpm" by downloading it and installing it.

--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street     Email:" n5xwb at comcast.net "