Crossfading - what can I do about that?

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Mon Aug 30 16:49:51 UTC 2010

On 8/30/2010 8:10 AM, Thomas Lübking wrote:
> Am Monday 30 August 2010 schrieb Nikos Chantziaras:
>> It does *not* work with Ogg Vorbis.  It never did.  It doesn't work with
>> *any* format.

Right, so, one thing to keep in mind is that it's always been
engine-dependent. Amarok supports it if the engine supports it.
Different engines may have different bugs/features regarding gapless --
that was true in the 1.4 days and still true with Phonon AFAIK.

> have no relevant Vorbis, but (just tested) it does work with FLAC - and
> actually it does (in a hackish way) work with even mp3, however afaics
> (either) _only_ with the xine backend :-( - gstreamer stopped working at all -
> and i don't care :-) and there's a minor gap with vlc and a bigger one with
> the mplayer backend -> bug phonon

You're right about MP3/Xine...Xine actually hacked together fake pseudo
gapless support for MP3 but from what I know it was always rather hacky.

--Jeff