Seeking in Ogg Vorbis files broken with VLC

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at arcor.de
Sat Aug 28 13:54:50 UTC 2010

On 08/28/2010 04:43 PM, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> Seeking in an Ogg Vorbis file in Amarok using phonon-vlc as Phonon
> back-end is broken; seeking forwards (right arrow button) always results
> in seeking backwards.  Using the mouse to position the seek slider
> always results in a position about 15 seconds prior to the position
> trying to seek to.
>
> MP3s work OK.  Just Ogg Vorbis has the bug.
>
> Using latest phonon-vlc from Git
> (git://gitorious.org/phonon/phonon-vlc.git).  Amarok 2.3.1.90.  KDE
> 4.5.0.  Phonon 4.4.2.  VLC 1.1 branch from Git
> (git://git.videolan.org/vlc/vlc-1.1.git).

Oopsy, I clicked the "send" button too soon.  Two other bugs with vlc
and Ogg files:

When a track ends, Amarok does not automatically start playing the next
one.  Works fine with Xine.

Amarok reports the track length wrong and the track ends while the time
to the right of the slider still says "-0:46" (can vary between tracks.)