Amarok 2.3.2 beta 1 released

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Wed Aug 18 07:50:02 UTC 2010

Hi Frank,

thanks a lot for testing :)

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 06:05, Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7 at gmx.de> wrote:

> There are loads of bugs at the moment which considerably handicap usage of
> Amarok, especially in the area of navigating through one’s content (local
> collection and podcasts). Currently there are a number of things that are
> actually quite nasty. :-(
>
> Of course I mostly “rant” about the stuff which I reported/commented on, as
> those are the things that I encountered myself and thus know about. ;-)
> I’ve had it before that I encountered bugs only in my own (borked) KDE setup,
> so nowadays I usually try to reproduce them with a fresh user account.
>
> - podcast tree collapses if download status of an episode changes (245621)
>  Was reported as works for me by one replier, but what about the other people
>  here?

So if it works for me this is not enough? I still can't reproduce this
here in merged view, but it does indeed happen in the default view.
The same behavior is known for the Collection Browser, so this is not
podcast related only but deeper in the system. Workaround: Switch to
merged view.

> - effect of podcast episode’s context menu actions are nigh unpredictable
>  (described in 246546)

Could you please file one report per item? You are talking about
totally different things in that report, which makes it really
difficult to track.

> Things I couldn’t find reports for on the first try (I’ll look on with
> different keywords and subsequently file if necessary):
> - when removing a podcast subscription, I get asked about removing it several
>  times, sometimes those questions also involve other subscriptions

I just tried several times today, can't reproduce that at all, Tried
in both default and merged view.

> and most importantly:
>  the collection cannot be expanded in double-click mode, instead it is added
>  to the playlist (which takes lots of time if you have +34000 titles in it)
>  This is especially annoying because sometimes the collection is collapsed by
>  default, so there is no way to actually see anything of it.

Single click expands it, double-click has always added it to the
playlist. This is the default behavior and it would be really annoying
to change IMHO, as it has been the default behavior since the
beginning of the 2.x series. I don't know what makes you think that a
double-click expands the view.

Regards, Myriam.

PS. Could we keep discussions about bugs in the bugtracker? Commenting
on both the bug and in the mailing lists makes it a lot of work me
seems...
PPS. It would be really helpful if people would test the unconfirmed
bugs. Please use the saved searches in bugs.kde.org, there are plenty
of those, depending on what you want to search for. All crashes have
the crash handler in the title, so it is easy to search for, too.

http://www.fsfe.org