amarok crash

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 02:04:07 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 9:05 AM, Donn Washburn <n5xwb at comcast.net> wrote:
>  Hey Group;
>
> Even before the bootsplash from a icon amarok just stops.  If I run it
> from a X terminal I get
>
> :~> amarok
> KCrash: Application 'amarok' crashing...
> sock_file=/home/donn/.kde4/socket-m1l-suse/kdeinit4__0
> <unknown program name>(3676)/: Communication problem with  "amarok" , it
> probably crashed.
> Error message was:  "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown" : " "The
> name org.kde.amarok was not provided by any .service files" "
>
> This is with several different git versions.
>
> Anyone else seeing this problem and/or solved it?

Donn, when I had a similar problem, what solved it for me was

rm ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok/current.xspf which rids you of a corrupted
playlist.

rm ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok/dynamic.xml might fix it too.

Hope this helps,

Valorie
--
New! http://genealogy-uki.linkpendium.com/
Facebook, Twitter, Identi.ca, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez .