Constant crashes

Leo Franchi lfranchi at kde.org
Sat Aug 14 19:10:20 UTC 2010

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 2:42 PM, Justin Brown <justin.brown1.1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have managed to kill my Amarok installation. I was having some trouble
> with one of the lyrics widgets, so I switched to the other one (I can't
> remember the name). Amarok immediately crashed, and whenever I try to start
> it, I see the splash screen then the KDE crash handler. Basically, I can't
> open Amarok and switch back to the original lyrics widget. I tried removing
> .kde/share/apps/amarok/, but that didn't help. How can I reset Amarok to the
> default state/widgets/etc.? I have a backup of my of my library DB (although
> restoring it doesn't help).
> Thanks for the help.

Hi Justin,

Do you have  b acktrace? A window should pop up after Amarok crashes
that shows you more information about the crash, including a
copy-and-pastable backtrace.

In any case, you have deleted amarok's data files in
~/.kde4/share/apps/amarok but not it's config files, which are in
~/.kde4/share/config. So you can delete the following:

~/.kde4/share/config/amarokrc - general amarok settings
~/.kde4/share/config/amarok_homerc - which applets to load when opening amarok

leo