Question?

Rick W. Chen stuffcorpse at archlinux.us
Thu Apr 29 02:39:00 UTC 2010

Wed, 28 Apr, 2010 at 04:57:57 PM -0500, Donn Washburn:
> For the first time with Amarok is asking a question which I have not
> seen before.
>
> Question - Amarok
> A music path, /home/donn, is set in System Settings.
> Would you like to use that as a collection folder?
>
> My answer is not sure.  I have via the Playlist a directory
> /mnt/sda2/Music/"subdirectory".  It has many mp3/oggs files.
>
> Does that "collector folder" contain copies of misic files, mysql data
> files or just Amarok config type files?

That music path is set in system settings -> about me -> paths (if you
are using kde). It is intended for people to tell us where you store
your music files. Amarok's concept of a local collection is just that;
and on first run, it would ask where are your music library located. If
that path in system settings is set, Amarok will confirm if you want to
use that then scan it recursively for music and add them to a
collection. If you don't want that to be used, click "no" and you can
specify some other location(s).

--
    Rick