Album covers

Mark Fraser kde at mfraz.orangehome.co.uk
Mon Apr 5 15:17:20 UTC 2010

Can someone please explain how album covers work in Amarok 2.3?

The reason I'm asking this is that my cover art seems to have been messed up
and I'm even getting different art shown in the now playing window than in the
playlist window.

In amarok/albumcovers there are two directories cache and large. Within both
directories are files which are labelled like
0c09d4f3ac58a6560893dc16853a8c54. Am I right in thinking this is an MD5# of
the album name?
If so how much of the name is used to create this name?
Does the cache folder just store a small version of the one in large?

In the MySQL database this must be stored with the coresponding album title or
is it per track in that album?

I'm currently trying to store the cover as a jpeg in the album's directory
using CopyCover2.

Now the big question, is it possible have Amaork completely forget all
previous album covers and start getting them again?