Why does amarok depend on ASF/MP4 support?

İşbaran Akçayır isbaran at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 16:26:30 UTC 2009

Andreas Pakulat wrote On 29-09-2009 19:03:
> Hi,
>
> I've just had to update taglib to 1.6 for juk, just to find out that amarok
> doesn't build with a standard taglib as it checks for MP4/ASF support in
> taglib. Why is this not optional? I don't have any asf or mp4 files, why
> do I need to be bothered with that?
>
> Andreas

This was already answered in this mailing list, to summarize, reason for
this is mostly to force packet maintainers in different distros to
compile asf/mp4 with taglib, thus giving all amarok users the same
amarok with same abilities.. its nothing that bad at all, you'll just
have to pass two words to taglib configure options. ( -DWITH_ASF=On
-DWITH_MP4=On )

regards