Dependency Updates for TagLib and TagLib-Extras

Donn Washburn n5xwb at comcast.net
Sat Sep 19 16:32:26 UTC 2009

On 09/19/2009 09:36 AM, Tycho Andersen wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Sep 2009, Jeff Mitchell wrote:
>

>> Jeff Mitchell wrote:
>>
>>> 3) TagLib source is available at
>>> http://developer.kde.org/~wheeler/files/src/taglib-1.6.tar.gz ...
>>> installing from source to /usr/local is simple, and it is easy to remove
>>> later. Be sure to compile in support for MP4/ASF.
>>>
>> Note: to compile taglib with these options, simply specify -DWITH_ASF=On
>> -DWITH_MP4=On when running cmake.
>>
> Maybe I'm missing something, but is it really necessary that these are compiled
> in? Suppose I don't have any .asf or .mp4 files, and I compile TagLib without
> that support, why should cmake bomb?

I used "configure --help" and not cmake.  Configure showed --enable both
asf and mp4 and it compiled completely clean on both.  However cmake in
Amarok fails to find it.  So I edited CMakeLists.txt and commented line
27 and cmake went OK.  So far last nights version is cmake compiling.

I will see if this version fixes the SuSE 11.2 KDE problem

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:27 (message):
   TagLib does not have ASF support compiled in.

--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street     Email:" n5xwb at comcast.net "