taglib-extras 0.1.7 vs. taglib 1.6

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 18:11:42 UTC 2009

On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 13:48:58 -0400, Jeff wrote:

> This situation will be resolved soon. It always would have been, I just
> wanted to talk over a couple points with the main TagLib guys first.
>
> If Michael Schwendt had simply asked "will there be a new taglib-extras
> release fixing any conflicts with taglib and removing redundant data
> formats" the answer would have been "yes".
>
> Ask a simple question, get a simple answer.

Let me quote the two simple questions in my original short post where I
pointed out the conflicts:

| Are there plans on resolving this? And if so, how?

To which the two answers were

| Yes.

and

| Working on it.

Satisfactory, I thought. Why did it need the additional comments that
tried to deny and play down the conflicts? Or the added confusion
(quote: "WAV support is not in TagLib"). Not helpful.