Move collection to new distro

Justin Brown justin.brown1.1 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 17:41:35 UTC 2009

Thanks Jeff and Myriam for the replies. It did end up being a permission
problem. I have another question about my collection though.
On my old system I have an encrypted parition that I mounted at
/home/justin/media and my music was in /home/justin/media/Music. On my new
system, I have forgone the encrypted parition and have my music in
/home/justin/Music. Will Amarok be able to tell that the songs have just
moved and to keep the ratings (that I have spent so much time building) or
will I need to create a link from media/Music to Music/?

Thanks again

Justin Brown
justin.brown1.1 at gmail.com