Amarok 2.2 beta 2 released

Téo Mrnjavac teo at getamarok.com
Thu Sep 17 17:26:48 UTC 2009

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 7:17 PM, Kuba Serafinowski <zizzfizzix at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 18:40, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc at arcor.de> wrote:
>>
>> On 09/17/2009 05:06 PM, Lydia Pintscher wrote:
>> > Heya folks :)
>> >
>> > Amarok 2.2 beta 2 has finally been released after some server
>> > troubles. Check the release announcement at
>> > http://amarok.kde.org/en/releases/2.2/beta/2 and help us test and fix
>> > the remaining problems to make 2.2 rock.
>>
>> The server still has problems, btw.  No one can post comments due to:
>>
>>   The spam filter installed on this site is currently unavailable.
>>   Per site policy, we are unable to accept new submissions until
>>   that problem is resolved. Please try resubmitting the form in a
>>   couple of minutes.
>>
>> Anyway, I've installed the new beta and noticed that the nice looking
>> seek bar (the one with the transparent slider button) got replaced with
>> the older one.  Is this intended?  Any way to get the other one back?
>>
> Yes, it's intended, it was moved back in place as some people were moaning
> about it. I think it will stay like that for 2.2 (though. not sure)

Unfortunately the slick transparent seek bar had some usability issues
we didn't have time to address before 2.2, so 2.2 will ship with the
old style progress bar.
However, we do realize that the old style progress bar leaves room for
improvement, and we'll try to address your concerns in a future
release.
Cheers
Téo