Amarok 2.0.2 not playing cd's

Stephen stephanos at writeme.com
Fri Sep 11 16:56:56 UTC 2009

I am using Kubuntu 9.04 with Amarok 2.0.2.

Audio CD's do not play with Amarok.  I have not tried any other audio cd
player.  I tried to  update amarok, as follows
stephanos at dell:~$ sudo apt-get install amarok
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
amarok is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 4 not upgraded.
stephanos at dell:~$

I have looked at the Amarok site to try and download the latest version
and  have read that I have to look at the Kubuntu website.  I was lead
to a download page that took me to a download of an iso image fro
Kubuntu, not Amarok, so now I am confused and frustrated.

Amarok was working fine in 8.04 and I used gparted to delete the Linux
partitions and then installed 9.04.  I  duel boot with xp.

Any help to get Amarok working again  is appreciated

Stephen