Amarok 1.4 collection and artwork importing

Pedro de Carvalho Gomes pedrogomes81 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 13:00:49 UTC 2009

I've understood that metadata from A1 isn't useful to import my
collection to A2. But that's not my point. The fact is that, if I use
the importation tool and my collection is empty (i.e. using A2 for the
first time), it still populates my A2 collection with files from the
SQL query that have a valid URL, which are just a subset from my A1
collection. For example, check this log when then importation tool
tries to import a song from A1 collection.

amarok:    [CUEFILE]:  "/dados/mp3/B/Badfinger/Day After Day.cue"  -
Shoot blindly and missed, searching for other cue files.
amarok:    [CUEFILE]: - Didn't find any matching cue file.
amarok:    possible encoding:  "UTF-8"
amarok:    encoding decoded as UTF-8
amarok:    "Read metadata from file for: Day After Day"
amarok:    185  found track by URL:  "/dados/mp3/B/Badfinger/Day After Day.mp3"
amarok:    185  inserting track:
KUrl("file:///dados/mp3/B/Badfinger/Day After Day.mp3")
amarok:    not a track no match

The line below finds a file in the collection that wasn't there
(remember that A2 db was empty):

Line 182: Meta::TrackPtr track =
CollectionManager::instance()->trackForUrl( KUrl( url ) );

This file will be added to the A2 Local Collection when the method
reaches the line below:

Line 318: location->insertTracks( tracksForInsert );

The consequence is that only a subset of the files from my A1
collection would be imported to the A2 collection. Together with the
"Import Collection" mistake, that's why I first though it would be a
bug and have suggested to change the SQL query, so that I could import
my entire A1 collection.

Pedro