Amarok 1.4 collection and artwork importing

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Wed Oct 28 23:43:08 UTC 2009

Pedro de Carvalho Gomes wrote:
> I don't really agree with the use of the collection import for
> statistics only. I can enumerate some reasons:

It doesn't matter if you agree with it or not. The schema has changed in
many fundamental ways and there is not a good way to map everything 1:1.

> - I would prefer to import all files from Amarok 1.4 than to fully
> rescan my disc because search for files at disc may consume too much
> time and my machine start trashing.

If scanning makes your machine thrash, fix your machine.

> Also, why would I want to rescan
> if I believe I already have a reliable source of information (Amarok
> 1.4 database).

Because it's not as reliable as you think it is -- at least in the sense
that it's not really usable by A2.

--Jeff