I need *your* benchmarking help!

Eelko Berkenpies fedora at berkenpies.nl
Fri Oct 23 06:56:23 UTC 2009

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 22:37:57 -0400, Jeff Mitchell <mitchell at kde.org>
wrote:
> <snip>
> Many thanks in advance to those that help out.
> --Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I'd be happy to help testing. I'm eager to test your changes to see if
they improve the collection scanner, although I can't give it a shot
earlier then tomorrow morning (Saturday 24 oct). I hope that's not a
problem?

I think I can divide your test into 2 sub-cases;

1. I can do the test with my new, current and mostly correctly tagged
collection. I know what to expect and what I want to see (which is pretty
much what I am seeing now) :). That means that I can give good feedback on
the fact how the new scanner works. This collection is relatively small,
about 3000 songs. If I have to make a guess it currently takes about a
minute or two to process the lot.

2. A test with all the songs I can find. This one would be just one to
test the benchmarking since the tags will me most likely screwed up. This
would end up in a collection of around 10.000 songs (if not, more).

Please let me know if I can skip one of the two (especially #2 since it
requires me to dig up old backup CD's/DVD's).

The PC I'll be using is quite new but not high end. Please let me know if
you need some specs of it.

--
Met vriendelijke groet / With kind regards,
Eelko Berkenpies