TagLib and ASF

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 08:40:02 UTC 2009

On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 17:23:51 +1100, Seb wrote:

> 2009/10/16 Oscar<Soker>:
> > I stopped to build amarok since it requred that taglib 1.6 because fedora
> > didn't do the update,

Taglib 1.6 was available in Fedora 12 Development very quickly. You could
have fetched the src.rpm (and the taglib-extras upgrade that appeared
quickly, too) to rebuild it for your older Fedora.

> > now taglib 1.6 is in fedroa but when I try to build
> > I'm getting this error
> >
> > -- Taglib found: -L/usr/local/lib -ltag
> > CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:27 (message):
> >   TagLib does not have ASF support compiled in.
> >
> > what should I do??
>
> [17:23] <Amarok> * taglib = Use 1.6 - make sure you compile with
> '-DWITH_ASF=On -DWITH_MP4=On'  [added by: ~xdarklight_]
>
> ie - complain to fedora.

No, don't jump to conclusions. Please re-examine the problem more closely
and find out whether you did something wrong. We certainly didn't miscompile
the packages. This is on Fedora 11:

$ yum list amarok
Available Packages
amarok.i586                         2.2.0-2.fc11                         updates

$ grep ASF /usr/include/taglib/taglib_config.h
#define   TAGLIB_WITH_ASF 1

$ rpm -q taglib-devel
taglib-devel-1.6-2.fc11.i586