skip a directory during scan

Jakob Kummerow jakob.kummerow at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 13 19:48:39 UTC 2009

> I suppose one thing that could be done (but isn't available now) is to
> put in a non-GUI option to have the scanner skip symlinks. Then you
> could keep the folders you don't want added outside of the main tree but
> symlink to them.
>
> Not sure if this is a good idea though.

It's a bit *nix-specific, I'd say (not that I'd care, I don't use
Amarok on Windows...).

I think it would be better to have Amarok check for files named
".amarok_ignore" (or something similar) and skip folders that contain
such a file. Maybe the dot should even be omitted for better
portability, because last time I checked it was impossible to create
files starting with a dot using Windows Explorer (you had to use the
command prompt, but most Win users are scared senseless by the mere
thought of that, and/or wouldn't think of the possibility).

Cheers
Jakob