skip a directory during scan

Eyal Ben David bdeyal at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 19:57:59 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I would like to know if Amarok has an option to skip a folder when scanning
a directory tree for songs.

I will explain the question by a simple scenario:

* Suppose I have two versions of the same disk. Let's call them "Original"
and "Remastered".
* I want only the Remastered version to be in the collection (to avoid
duplication).
* I want to keep the Original in the directory tree but I don't want it in
my collection DB.
* I would like to know if there's a way to mark the Original version so that
it will be skipped during the scan operation.

I am aware of the tree dialog. I just want something like "Scan whole DIR
recursively except DIR1, DIR2" etc.

Thanks