amarok doesn't see all the audio files on my Sansa E260 (includes a patch)

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Mon Oct 12 03:34:16 UTC 2009

Aran Cox wrote:
>> application/octet-stream is a default mime type for when it can't be
>> determined. This could signal a problem with the flac files...not sure.
>> It would be good if there was a way to check a file against the
>> shared-mime-info directory directly -- I don't know if there is, but if
>> you can find one, see what is returned. Also compare that to the output
>> of "file" run on those files. It could be a bug in the s-m-i database.
>
> There is a gst-typefind program that will print mime types.  It thinks
> my mp3 files are application/x-id3

That's crazy. And it's certainly not from shared-mime-info -- at least,
not from the default file included with it.

> and my flac files are audio/x-flac!

audio/x-flac should be getting detected now with my updated code...are
you really still having problems with them?

If you can find one file of each type that you can send to me or make
available to me, I could examine them more closely.

Thanks!
--Jeff