Seg fault 2.2.0

Donn Washburn n5xwb at comcast.net
Thu Oct 8 13:56:22 UTC 2009

On 10/07/2009 09:07 PM, Justin Brown wrote:
> Hello,
> I updated to 2.2.0 recently on Fedora 11 AMD64 using the testing
> repository. Amarok is seg faulting quite a bit now. It always seems to
> happen during a song transition. I'm using a dynamic playlist (100%
> stars=0) with only a single local collection, and the only widgets I
> have are Current Track, Lyrics, and Video Clip. Unfortunately, the bug
> crash report that KDE generates "does not contain enough information";
> it basically just says it seg faults. It's not really a huge deal, but
> I haven't seen anything on the mailing list about it, so I wanted to
> let the devs know. Is there any other information that I can provide?
>

> Justin Brown
> justin.brown1.1 at gmail.com <mailto:justin.brown1.1 at gmail.com>

I had a similar problem.  Try looking and see if you have 2 versions of
/usr/lib/xine.
Also a tool to help is "strace -fo amarok.err amarok".  Get ready for a
bunch of output.
Then "less amarok.err".  Good luck it fixed this systems Amarok problem
and sig 11.

--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street     Email:" n5xwb at comcast.net "