Adding Twitter support in Internet Services for Amarok

Ninad Pundalik ninadsp16289 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 09:25:15 UTC 2009

Hi :),

> Did you already look at the Twitter script Ryan Paul wrote a while
> back? It spams everything you listen to to Twitter which is kinda
> annoying but I think it would be a good start to look at to give you
> an idea about the very basics of how you can integrate with Amarok.
>

> Cheers
> Lydia

If you mean this -
http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2008/12/hands-on-amarok-2-rocks-the-house.ars
- then I saw it the moment I'd logged of IRC then.  We do agree that
it will spam, so it can't be a script that will work like the Last.fm
scrobbler.  Hence, gave the Track Love as the example.  More
appropriate :)

> there is something like that in the twitter client choqok [1]. There
> you can hit a Hot key or just click in the GUI and it tweets your
> current track from amarok.
>
> [1] http://choqok.gnufolks.org/
>
> cheers Kolja.

Ahh!  How didn't I notice this? I've used this client for sometime.
Or, it might be a recent feature. :)  I'll get the source code for
choqoK and understand it :).  We could plug it into the Amarok code if
we don't need too many modifications, or write it from scratch again.

I've read the wiki pages on the Script API, Scripting Howto 2.0 and
Scripted Services Tutorial 2.0.  I doubt this will be enough, but I
couldnt figure where to go after that.  So where do I go?

Thanx!
Ninad S. Pundalik
http://twitter.com/ninadsp