Testing Request for KDE+PulseAudio users

Karl Ove Hufthammer karl at huftis.org
Wed Oct 7 17:03:06 UTC 2009

Valentin Rouet skreiv:

> Make it two users. I'm using KDE 4 with pulseaudio on Fedora 11 for quite
> a lot of time, and it just works perfectly and makes it very easy to
> handle my two sound cards.

FWIW, I’m a very happy PulseAudio user too. I use the Mandriva distribution,
only have one soundcard and don’t use networked sound, but I really love the
PulseAudio volume control (pavucontrol) that makes it possible to adjust the
sound volume of individual applications. (I dearly miss KDE version of it,
though.)

I also rather like the fact switching users disables sound for the user I’m
switching away from, and enables it for the one I’m switching too.

After a rather rough start with early version of PulseAudio, life is now
finally better than it was without PulseAudio.

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer
E-mail: karl at huftis.org
Jabber: huftis at jabber.no