Testing Request for KDE+PulseAudio users

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Oct 5 12:16:49 UTC 2009

'Twas brillig, and Elliot Pahl at 05/10/09 09:58 did gyre and gimble:
> I might be able to help test amarok with pulseaudio, last I checked amarok
> doesn't work very well for me with pulseaudio and has all sorts of weird
> stuttering at home with my m-audio revolution 7.1.
>
> How / what setup would you need me to test?

Essentially all you need to do is compile up pulseaudio, phonon and
kdebase-runtime with my patches applied. I appreciate it's a fairly big
ask tho'.

Mandriva should have RC2 later this week with the patches included, so
you can review the changes there via a Live CD and see what you think,
but it's not really a great test to see if the patches are going to work
smoothly on other systems/distros etc.

So don't worry too much about it, and if all the patching is going to be
too much of a headache, then please don't put yourself out :D

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie