Last.fm dynamic Playlist with ampache and Suggested Songs Widget

Leo Franchi lfranchi at kde.org
Sat Oct 3 14:16:57 UTC 2009

On 3 Oct 2009, at 09:12, Andreas Heinz wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> long time since i last posted to this list.
> Yesterday i installed and played a little bit with amarok 2.2. So
> far so
> nice :)
>
> One great thing amarok 2.2 has, is the ability to talk to ampache.
> Regarding this context i have a question. Right now i don't see a
> way to
> tell a dynamic playlist with last.fm module to take the added songs
> from
> an ampache source. Is this correct, or am i something missing?
> One thing regarding ampache: Is it possible for amarok to tell ampache
> it should update its catalogue?

You are correct. The current design of the dynamic playlist system is
very tightly coupled with the local collection, so it cannot select
tracks that are not from there. We have designed a new dynamic
playlist architecture to Rule The World, but it's still in the early
phases of implementation.

> Second thing: i think i read somewhere that there will be an widget
> for
> the context area to display suggested songs based on last.fm, Does
> someone know how far this widget has come yet? :)

I haven't heard much about this, so i'm not sure. But it doesn't exist
in git, sorry :-/

leo
---
Leo Franchi				(512) 775 5637