Amarok 2.2 "Sunjammer" released

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Fri Oct 2 13:52:19 UTC 2009

İşbaran Akçayır wrote:
> Jeff Mitchell wrote On 02-10-2009 14:51:
>> İşbaran Akçayır wrote:
>>>
>>> Actually most people are not interested in these fancy stuff.. i've been
>>> watching amarok2 from the beginning closely, and i think you should
>>> really start concentrating on crashes, performance and important very
>>> best and basic functionalities of amarok that people are used to.
>>>
>>> I dont really care if i can move the widgets around while amarok starts
>>> in 2-3 minutes, eats 100% cpu while scanning collection, (also freezes
>>> if you want to quit while scanning, leaves collectionscanner process
>>> behind ..) slows down while resizing or changing layouts (this might be
>>> related to kde) etc. etc. ..
>>
>> You should bother trying 2.2 first.
>
> I'm talking about 2.2. Cpu usage problem was gone in some development
> stages between 2.0~2.1. Last time i compiled git on 21.09.2009 and there
> were no cpu usage problems, ( i know its related to collection scanning,
> maybe its about some checks caused by external/internal mysql)

I know of no CPU usage issues that have popped up in Git at any point
recently. Including the 2.2 release.

>> Oh, and you should read the release announcement too.
>
> Oh, i regularly compile amarok and read release logs, i think you mean
> the "More collection scanning speedups." line at ChangeLog. I'm sure its
> faster cause its using two 2.4 ghz cpu's all the time !

What a silly statement.

And no -- I don't mean regularly compiling and reading release logs. I
mean the actual release announcement.

If you had read it, you would have realized how silly and uninformed
your original OP rant was.

--Jeff