Last.fm interview: Behind the music

Dâniel Fraga fragabr at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 17:28:18 UTC 2009

On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 08:01:17 +0100
Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org> wrote:

> Heya,
>
> I thought this article might interest some of our users, since Amarok
> features really good Last.fm integration (myself, I love using the
> streams). Here's an article explaining the technology (and more)
> behind Last.fm:
>

> http://crave.cnet.co.uk/digitalmusic/0,39029432,49304380,00.htm

	Nice article. The only thing missing from Amarok is Discovery
mode, a way to tag music and the summary of the track being played like
the official client shows with similar users, number of times
scrobbled etc (attached).

	And of course, the stuck bug that occurs at the end of the
last.fm track is annoying and couldn't be fixed until today
unfortunately. This is the main reason I still have to use the official
client instead of Amarok (of course I prefer Amarok, because it can be
integrated with Kopete NowListening plugin and I can use the global
shortcuts).

--
Linux 2.6.31: Man-Eating Seals of Antiquity