Version no. in recent GIT versions

Eelko Berkenpies fedora at berkenpies.nl
Mon Nov 30 13:12:35 UTC 2009

On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 13:57:30 +0100, Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org>
wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 1:10 PM, Eelko Berkenpies <fedora at berkenpies.nl>
> wrote:
>> Recent GIT builds started to use a new type of version tag (-- Building
>> git version v2.2.1-376-gfa8aa9d). Can this be found anywhere easier
than
>> browsing/searching the CMake logs? I kinda expected to see it in "Help"
>> ->
>> "About Amarok" too, or am I looking at the wrong place? :)
>
> Hmm, you can see a list of tags on this page, on the right side:
>
> http://gitorious.org/amarok/amarok/commits/master
>

> Does this help you?

Not exactly, I should have made myself more clear, sorry. I am referring
to this commit:
http://gitorious.org/amarok/amarok/commit/6e6a56e46e4935fb16f115cfa33de2ea5d54120f

I expected to see the GIT version somewhere within Amarok too (at "Help"
-> "About Amarok" for example). But looking at that commit (as far as I can
understand it), it does not seem work yet and will always display "2.2-GIT"
as the specific version because the condition seems to be commented out.

And with that, I've answered my own question too. I should have looked
better. Thanks for your reply anyway and sorry for the confusion. :)

--
Met vriendelijke groet / With kind regards,
Eelko Berkenpies