Shoutcast.com Internet Radio Stations removed from latest Amarok release & Info from Shoutcast

Leo Franchi lfranchi at kde.org
Tue Nov 17 20:07:10 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 2:55 PM, S G <sxg9.9999 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank-you for your prompt attention to this issue.  Based on your
> note, I look forward to a future release of Amarok with this feature
> included.  Thank-you for your time and attention to this.

Please note that just from this email it is not enough for us to put back
the shoutcast service. Assuming that the code works, and hasn't bitrotted by
not being included for a while, with a legal situation of this magnitude
(e.g. the VLC guys had a *lawsuit* filed against them) we'd like some more
authority to speak on this, rather than a random email.

Also, I believe Myriam has done a cursory check and has not found the
"Application
Developer / API TOS" that is being discussed. So before anything happens
plenty of things need to be cleared up.

leo