Cover art not consistently retrieved in 2.2

Martin Sandsmark sandsmark at samfundet.no
Fri Nov 13 23:15:41 UTC 2009

 Fredag 13. november 2009 22.32.14 skrev AG :
> On Debian testing ("Squeeze"), Amarok 2.2.0 using KDE 4.3.1  it is quite
> common for the cover art manager to hang, or to close by telling me that
> no cover could be downloaded for a file.  Surely there must be ways of
> adjusting the search string to provide at least some options when the
> album actually exists at Amazon and its image is retrievable from other
> places using a Google image search.

Amarok fetches covers from Last.FM, and uses the available metadata to query
Last.FM for covers. (This because Amazon "closed down" their API for fetching
these kind of things.)

So if Last.FM doesn't know about an album, I guess it's tough luck (Last.FM
should automatically fetch covers from Amazon, though).

--
Martin T. Sandsmark