openSuSE RC2 and amarok 2.1.1 and 2.2.0

Donn Washburn n5xwb at comcast.net
Wed Nov 4 01:04:06 UTC 2009

Hey Group;

openSuSE 11.2 RC2 is again giving me headaches. After upgrading from RC1
to RC2 amarok will again only play 20 songs and misses 850 songs on the
playlist.
Interesting point is that the 20 songs are not even in the directory
specified.

I have run "amarok --debug 2>amarok.err" and at the calling of amarok
only 20 files are in the play list and it seems to me it is a mysql problem.

Here is a shortened partial error text.

amarok:            Received [ "5" ] collection plugin offers
amarok:           [PluginManager] Trying to load:  "amarok_service_ampache"
amarok:           BEGIN: void CollectionManager::init()
amarok:             [PluginManager] Plugin trader constraint:
"[X-KDE-Amarok-framework-version] == 49 and [X-KDE-Amarok-plugintype] ==
'collection' and [X-KDE-Amarok-rank] > 0"
amarok:             [CollectionManager] Received [ "7" ] collection
plugin offers
amarok:             [PluginManager] Trying to load:
"amarok_collection-mysqlecollection"
amarok:             [PluginManager]
"            " PluginManager Service Info:
"            " ---------------------------
"            " name                          : "MySQLe Collection"
"            " library                       :
"amarok_collection-mysqlecollection"
"            " desktopEntryPath              :
"amarok_collection-mysqlecollection.desktop"
"            " X-KDE-Amarok-plugintype       : "collection"
"            " X-KDE-Amarok-name             : "mysqle-collection"
"            " X-KDE-Amarok-authors          : ("Maximilian Kossick")
"            " X-KDE-Amarok-rank             : "100"
"            " X-KDE-Amarok-version          : "1"
"            " X-KDE-Amarok-framework-version: "49"

amarok:             [CollectionManager] Initialising sqlcollection
amarok:             BEGIN: ScanManager::ScanManager(SqlCollection*)
amarok:             END__: ScanManager::ScanManager(SqlCollection*) -
Took 0.00011s
amarok:             BEGIN:
MySqlEmbeddedCollection::MySqlEmbeddedCollection(const QString&, const
QString&)
amarok:                Connected to MySQL server 5.1.40-embedded
amarok:                Initialized thread, count== 1
amarok:             END__:
MySqlEmbeddedCollection::MySqlEmbeddedCollection(const QString&, const
QString&) - Took 0.44s
amarok:             [PluginManager] Trying to load:
"amarok_collection-mtpcollection"
amarok:             [PluginManager]
"            " PluginManager Service Info:

I even had a amarok message asking whether or not sqlite or mysql should
be used and I have tried both with the same type of error.

Is mysql not setup correctly?

--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street     Email:" n5xwb at comcast.net "