Amarok stopped working, Ubuntu 9.04

Gary Steinert gary.steinert.ml at googlemail.com
Sun May 31 14:07:57 UTC 2009

Hi Michael,

Sounds like you're missing the libxine1-ffmpeg package.
Install that and you should be able to play your music
again =).

The "too many errors" message is because, as it can't
play your mp3 files, amarok has had to skip a number of
songs in the playlist.

Gary Steinert

On Sunday 31 May 2009 08:26:16 Michael Bogart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I upgraded from Ubuntu 8.1 to 9.04 and this
apparently included an upgrade
> for Amarok as well. I can open Amarok, and it imported
my music library,
> but when I select a song to play, it does not work. In
fact, there is a
> small message box that appears on the bottom left of
the screen telling me
> something to the effect of "too many errors have been
encountered...".

> I thought this sort of thing was supposed to be a
feature only found in