needs its own mass id3 tag renamer

Leo Franchi lfranchi at kde.org
Sun May 31 11:03:06 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 11:47 AM, Dann Kettle <initial.dann at gmail.com>wrote:

> One suggestion I have that I believe would allow amaroK to accel as a
> large music database manager is the ability to mass rename FILENAMES
> according to id3 tag.

amarok is not trying to be everything to everyone :) we're trying to make
the best media player out there, but that means have to choose sometimes.
there are already a bunch of really good mass-taggers (personally i like
kid3) that do their job well, and it doesn't, in my opinion, make sense to
load amarok with features that don't really fit the goal.

leo