Mood-dependent wallpaper? Weather-dependent Music Selection?

Johannes Schwall johannes.schwall at gmail.com
Wed May 13 16:44:33 UTC 2009

Hi all!

I'm posting this to both plasmal-devel and amarok list because this
might be interesting for both groups.

As I was reading the reports about weather-dependent wallpapers some
time ago, the following thought crossed my mind: Why not open this up
to also have some mood-sensing system within KDE? Remember the film
"Antitrust"? When Tim Robbins enters his office, the picture on the
wall changes depending on his mood. Could it be possible to tie the
wallpaper changing to amarok's mood bar?

And while I was thinking about this ... why not also do it the other
way round and have Amarok use the weather information from KDE to get
a fitting music selection? It's raining outside and I'd probably like
to hear some slow grooves ... or it's early summer, the sun is shining
and some fresh jazz should come out of the speakers?

This is just an idea, and I won't be doing any programming on this in
the foreseeable future. I'm sure it's doable, but I wouldn't know how.
And I'm not sure if this might be of any real interest. I just didn't
want to forget this without telling anyone and perhaps it's at least
of some interest for someone out there.

Thanks for all the great work!

Johannes

--