New idea for dynamic playlist

Soren Harward stharward at gmail.com
Tue May 5 18:55:03 UTC 2009

On 5/5/09, Christoph Spielmann <spielc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ah well now that's interesting news. How far are you with the inclusion of
> Xine? Any chance i can get my hands on it to test it?

I've gotten as far as getting Xine to decode the entire audio file to
a huge vector of double-precision floats, which is the easy part.  I
need to tweak it so that it decodes only the second of the file that
is needed (thus saving a few hundred MB of RAM).  I know that this
"acoustic fingerprinting" stuff is starting to rival Duke Nukem
Forever in terms of its delays, but once 2.1 comes out and we're
unfrozen for 2.2, I should have it ready to go.  I may release the
acoustic fingerprinting library (called GTACFeat) ahead of then, just
to get some advance testing.  Stay tuned.

--
Soren Harward